What To Do Until Help Arrives
SERVPRO of Corona will arrive promptly to your home but in the meantime, you can take steps to prevent further damage.
In the unfortunate event of a leak in your home, the following are some helpful tips on what TO DO until SERVPRO of Corona can assess the water damage.
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang Furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
SERVPRO of Corona will take care of the rest!
Contact our Friendly Office Staff at (951) 278-2595